Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that the material or content residing on, or accessible through the Company’s websites or services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of the copyright infringement containing the information listed below to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the works or materials being infringed.
- Information regarding the location of the infringing content that the copyright owner seeks to have removed. This should include sufficient details so that Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence.
- Contact information about the notifier: address, telephone number, and if available, the e-mail address.
- A statement asserting the notifier’s good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under the penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate, and that the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
If we receives a takedown notice in accordance with the foregoing, the website will remove the material cited in the notice and attempt to notify any user who uploaded the allegedly infringing material if it has his/her contact information.
Any such user will have the opportunity to submit a “counter-notice” as detailed below. If the Company determines that any user has repeatedly infringed upon the intellectual property rights of others, it will disable any accounts that user has with the Company as and when appropriate.
Procedure to Deliver a Counter-Notice
If a user believes that the material removed is not infringing, or that the user has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information listed below to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user.
- Identification of the material that has been removed and the location where the material appeared before it was removed.
- A statement asserting the user’s good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the material.
- The user’s name, address, telephone number, and an e-mail address (if available), and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user’s address is located, or if the user’s address is located outside the United States, then for any judicial district in which the Company is located. Such a person or entity will accept the service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, the Company will forward a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party (one who raised the copyright infringement issue in the first place) informing the party that the Company may restore the removed material in the following 10 days. The original complaining party will then have 10 days to notify us that he or she has filed a legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If the Company does not receive any such notification within 10 days, it may restore the material at its discretion.
Copyright of the Content on the Website
The texts and media files uploaded on the website will be property of the Company. The Company reserves the rights to remove, add, or modify any other information on its website. In no form can the content be copied and republished anywhere else. A legal notice may be sent to the person or organization who copied the content from the Company’s website and republished it anywhere else. The content published by an author on the Company’s website may be published only by him anywhere else 30 days after his or her content has been posted on the Company’s website.
Please contact the Designated Agent to receive notifications about the claimed infringement from the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.