Privacy of our audience is very important to us. Our goal is to go above and beyond in our mission while doing it under the ambit of law. We need you to trust us when we say that your data is in safe hands.
However, in order to endow you with an uninterrupted and optimum use of our services, we need to collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you. To enhance and protect your privacy, and to ensure that both sides are on the same page, this notice explains our information practices and the choices you’re entitled to when it comes to the way your information is collected and used.
“You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, and “User” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals who use the website.
“Website” shall mean and refer to www.ceocolumn.com.
“Personal Information” shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that we may collect from you.
“Third Parties” refers to any site, company, or individual apart from the user and the creator of the website.
2) Information We Collect.
We collect information to provide better services for our website visitors. We basically collect information about you from the following two sources:
- The information you give us (“User Profile”). For example, many of our services require you to create an account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information like your name, email address, and designation.
- The information we collect from your use of our website. This information usually relates to the editorial and advertising content you view. This information includes the data provided by Google analytics and third party companies.
3) Usage of Collected Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, provide features & functionality, and to notify you about the enhancements to our website.
- To provide you information, products, or services that you request from us, or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or the third parties may contact you about these [by SMS or email].
- We do not disclose information about individuals (that causes them to be identified) to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they intend to target.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) The Advertising on Our Website.
Advertising on our website makes it possible for us to offer you information and products/services free of charge. We take advertising seriously and make every effort to ensure that the advertising is safe, unobtrusive, and as relevant as possible.
Cookies are used to make this advertising as relevant as possible to the needs and interests of our website visitors. They are equally important for our advertisers to identify and showcase relevant ads. Cookies are also used to avoid you seeing the same ad multiple times, and to detect and prevent click fraud. We use AdSense and Google Analytics to help us manage and improve our website while assist our advertisers to better understand and track user interaction with their ads. When you visit a location on our website which includes one or more of these ads, various cookies may be sent to your browser.
We may use other technologies—including Flash and HTML5—for the functionality used for displaying interactive advertising. We may also use your IP address to provide advertising targeted to that address in order to improve the relevance of the ads you see, and to measure and report to advertisers non-personal, statistical information on the geographical locations of the website visitors viewing their ads.
5) Privacy and Choice.
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how that information would be used. You may configure your browser settings through its “options” or “preferences” feature in order to notify you before accepting or disabling cookies. However, it is important to understand that many of the services we provide on our website and to our website visitors may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
6) The Information You Share.
Our website allows visitors to share information with others that includes, but is not restricted to, comments on our editorial content and the content they share via social media. When you share information, it may become accessible to others through mechanisms such as search engines. We are not responsible for how others with whom you share information from our website may use it.
7) Updating Your Personal Information.
It is our policy that whenever you visit our website, you should be able to access your personal information, which is the information used for identifying you through details such as name and email address. If that information is incorrect, we try to provide you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Wherever and whenever we can provide information access and correction, we will do so at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our website, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
8) Sharing of Information
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of CEOcolumn, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of CEOcolumn when we have your consent to do so.
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of CEOcolumn if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, and address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our website visitors and service providers, as well as the general public and EMI as required or permitted by law.
9) Protection of your Information
We work hard to protect the information provided by, or collected about our website visitors from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems and the information gathered.
- We restrict access to the personal information collected to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information for processing it for us. The employees, contractors, and agents are subjected to the obligation of strict confidentiality about the information accessed, and will face to disciplinary action, including termination, if they violate this obligation.
- Services offered by other companies, & websites which may be referenced by or linked from our website.
11) Handling Complaints from Our Website Visitors and Regulatory Authorities.
You are therefore advised to re-read the Terms of Service on a regular basis. Should it be that you do not accept any of the modifications or amendments to the Terms, you may terminate your use of this website immediately.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the LLP. We do not recommend transfer of sensitive information (such as credit card number) and bank account details via the website to other users. Users are recommended to do so offline, on the phone or via personal emails. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet. You, therefore, agree that security breaches beyond the control of our standard security procedures are at your sole risk and discretion.
15) Contacting us.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with any of the terms used or have any questions, do contact us at email@example.com